How to inspire manner in your children
HOW TO INSPIRE MANNER IN YOUR CHILDREN
1. When entering the house greet your children or even hug them. This should help develop their sense of love and self worth.
2. Be good to your neighbors and never backbite. Never speak bad of other drivers when on the road. Your children listen, absorb and emulate.
3. When calling your parents, encourage your children to speak to them. When visiting your parents take your children with you. The more they see you take care of your parents the more they will learn to take care of you.
4. When driving them say to school, don’t always listen to music. Sometimes, tell them stories about life and living. You can sight yourself as an example. This has a greater impact.
5. Read to them a short story and even a scripture a day – it doesn’t take much time, but impacts in creating strong bonds and wonderful memories.
6. Comb your hair, clean your teeth and wear presentable cloths even if sitting at home and not going out for the day. They need to learn that being clean and tidy has nothing to do with going out.
7. Try not to blame or comment on every word or action they say or do. Learn to overlook and let go sometimes. This certainly builds their self-confidence.
8. Ask your children’s permission before entering their rooms. Don’t just knock and enter, wait for a verbal permission. They will learn to do the same when wanting to enter your room.
9. Apologize to your children if you made a mistake. Apologizing teaches them to be humble and polite.
10. Don’t be sarcastic or make fun of their views or feelings, even if you “didn’t mean it” and was “only joking”. It may really hurt them.
11. Show respect to your children’s privacy. It is important for their sense of value and self-esteem.
12. Don’t expect that they will listen or understand the first time. Don’t take it personally if they don’t, but be patient and consistent.
13. Pray with them. Show them how to pray.
When you inspire manner in your children, they make you proud!